Work @ MOI
Note: We're always seeking dedicated people to join the MOI family as volunteers. Learn more about volunteering @ MOI.
Current job openings
The Museum of Idaho (MOI) is seeking a part-time development assistant to join our small, but mighty team of professionals. The successful candidate will assist in administrative tasks for the Development Department. Primary responsibilities include tracking philanthropic requests, pledges, and contributions; managing and updating databases; responding to queries; researching and analyzing data; and compiling reports on current and prospective donors. Duties include typing, maintaining hard-copy files, preparing materials for mailing, processing vouchers, and assisting with promotional events.
- 3 – 5 years progressive experience as an assistant
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher, and an understanding of database management and WordPress forms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail, including a proven ability to edit and proofread accurately
- Willingness to assist where needed and desire to provide impeccable customer service
- Proven ability to organize, use good judgment, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive data
- Enthusiasm for the museum’s mission
Hours and pay:
- 16 hours/week (ideally, 8 hours each Tuesday and Wednesday).
- $11-12/hour DOE.
About the Museum of Idaho:
- MOI, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, is Idaho’s largest science and history museum, hosting traveling and permanent exhibits, archival and artifact collections, and educational programs and events for all ages.
- Our mission is to engage, educate, and enlighten through exhibits, collections, and informal educational opportunities in the humanities and sciences.
- We value connection, exploration, inclusion, professionalism, and sustainability.
- Interested and qualified candidates may e-mail a resume and cover letter to:
Nick Gailey, MOI Director of Development (email@example.com).