Our mammoth expansion
The Museum’s last expansion in 2001-03 transformed it into the Gem State’s premier informal education center. Since then, MOI has continued to grow and mature, and is now embarking on the next step. That means an enhanced ability to keep exhibits fresh, remain open during transitions, and most importantly, tell your stories how they deserve to be told. It means MOI can bring the world to Idaho, and Idaho to the world better than ever before.
- Almost triple the space for new Idaho/regional history exhibits
- Double the size of the Maeck Family Foundation Education Center
- Larger space for national traveling exhibits
- An improved accessions, conservation, and research workspace
- Improved flow through interior modifications
- $3.9 million raised through our Capital Campaign
- Estimated completion: Summer 2019
MAKE YOUR MARK
The Museum of Idaho needs your help to create "The Way Out West", a massive new exhibition to engage, inspire, and celebrate our region’s extraordinary heritage. One way to contribute is by purchasing a custom-engraved brick for our patio area with a tax-deductible donation of either $100 or $500. For other ways to contribute, please contact MOI Director of Development Nick Gailey (208-522-1400 x 3013 or e-mail).