BOOKING YOUR GROUP
Please fill out the form on this page to request a group/school visit. Our scheduler will contact you to confirm, and to send details regarding bus parking, educational resources, and museum etiquette. Receipt of this confirmation is a prerequisite for all groups (including scout and home school groups) seeking group/student discounts.
Thanks to our Student Ticket Initiative, school groups receive a sharply discounted admission rate of $3 per student. We also offer discounts for non-school groups of 15 people or more.
The Student Ticket Initiative is made possible through ticket sales from our annual Haunted History Tours and the following generous grantors:
- City of Ammon
- City of Idaho Falls (Community Partnership Grant)
- Gladys E. Langroise Advised Fund within Idaho Community Foundation
- Idaho Falls Air Show
We ask that school groups provide one chaperone for every 10 students. Chaperones within this ratio will be admitted to the museum free of charge. Chaperones beyond this ratio must pay the full admission price. Official chaperones must ensure that students follow our outlined museum etiquette during their visit.
To receive the scout discount, scout groups must complete the form on this page before visiting the museum. The rate for scout groups is $5/person, including scouts and up to two leaders. Groups with 15 or more scouts may add a third leader at the discounted $5 rate.
ENHANCED FIELD TRIPS
Want to make the most of your group visit? MOI now offers an enhanced field trip experience including hands-on learning and time to explore. For only $1 more per student, this program offers a rotation-based experience, including two STEM lessons based on state standards, taught by professional educators, and relevant to the current traveling exhibit. We will also create a custom schedule for your visit so each chaperone knows where to go and what to do.
Cost: $4 per student; approved chaperones still FREE.
For Archimedes: Science and Innovations, choose from three enhanced themes:Engineering
- PS1-4: Energy
- ETS1.A: Defining Engineering Problems
- ETS1.B: Designing Solutions to Engineering Problems
- PS1-3: Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions
- PS1-1: Waves
- PS1-4: Energy
- Math.1.G: Reason with shapes and their attributes
- Math.4.G: Draw and identify lines and angles, and classify shapes by properties of their lines and angles.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT
- MOI exhibit galleries are normally staffed by volunteers. Docents in green lanyards can answer your questions about the exhibits.
- We recommend allocating at least one hour for a school visit or group tour.
- The Museum does not offer public dining services, but is within easy walking distance (0.2 mi) of more than a dozen restaurants.
- Educators may access resources for our Idaho and temporary exhibits here. Contact the Director of Education with additional questions, or for additional resources, at (208) 522-1400 x 3002 or via e-mail.
- If you would like to customize your visit with a special tour or a meeting with MOI staff members, please contact the Director of Education using the above information.