Meet a Scientist/Discovery Day
On the third Saturday of select months, join us from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
for the Meet a Scientist and Discovery Day programs.
Participants will explore a different theme each time with lots of interactive educational fun.
1. Meet a Scientist
This program is free and open to all ages. From 9:30-10:30 a.m. on the third Saturday of select months, participants will enjoy a free, interactive presentation by guest topic experts who will give you the inside scoop on the theme for the month.
Scientists for 2014 (subject to change)
CLICK HERE to register for Meet a Scientist!
- January 18: Catherine Riddle, INL Radiochemist "The Science of Discovery"
- February 15: Michel Hall and Jim Jackson, Phenomenal Physics "Cold Science"
- March 15: Dave Harmon and American Dog Derby mushers
- April 12 (note date change this month only!): Terry Thomas, local author "Exploring Idaho Through Photography"--Space is limited! Click here to register for Meet a Scientist
- May 17: Idaho Fish and Game—Free fishing at Ryder Park in Idaho Falls
- September 20: Jennifer Merrill, Geologist
- October 18: Dr. Steve Shropshire, ISU Physicist
- November 15: Willy Preacher, Shoshone-Bannock Tribes
- December 20: Gregg Losinski, Idaho Fish & Game
Interested in registering kids for Discovery Day? Please register separately below...
2. Discovery Day
The excitement continues right after Meet a Scientist for children ages 6-12. From 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., registrants will explore the month's theme in greater detail through hands-on projects and fun, educational activities taught be qualified educators.
Discovery Days for 2014 (subject to change)
CLICK HERE to register for Discovery Day!
- January 18: Mysteries of Chemistry
- February 15: Cold Science
- March 15: Dynamic Dogs
- April 12 (note date change this month only!): So You Wanna be an Explorer--Click here to register for Discovery Day
- May 17: Free fishing at Ryder Park in Idaho Falls
- September 20: Geology of Idaho
- October 18: Living Lights: Bioluminescence in Nature
- November 15: Prehistoric Idaho
- December 20: Life in Idaho's Forests
Cost: Discovery Day is $20 per child, $15 for MOI members. Preregistration is required. Note: Please be aware that due to online payment consumer protection programs, you may have to register and pay for each participant separately. Thank you for your participation.
Parents: volunteer to help with a Discovery Day and get a discounted admission for a child. Contact Sunny Katseanes at 522-1400 ext. 3002 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information on any of the Museum of Idaho education programs, contact
Director of Education Sunny Katseanes at (208) 522-1400 ext. 3002, or email@example.com.